Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Getting Started and Living in the South

Wow. Ok. I have a blog. This is new. First post...what to say? I guess I should actually let you know what I'm actually doing. Yeah, thats sounds good. So if you want to know about me there is that cute little "About Me" column right over there
<---

 So basically, this is a Fashion blog. Everyday or so I will blog about my day of fashion, whether it be makeup, clothes, nails, etc. Some posts will include pictures like you know Outfits of the Day (OOTDs), Face of the Day (FOTD)--which is like makeup of the day, etc. If I buy something (fashion related duh) and wanna talk about it, I will blog it. I'm hoping this will be fun, I mean it will be for me but hopefully for ya'll too.

As you can see (unless your blind which would mean of course you wouldn't be reading this in the first place) I just said ya'll. I said ya'll because I live in the South, I'm a Southerner (is that a word? is that how you spell it? oh well) and being a fashion obsessed chic in the South is a unique experience. Most people "go out" in Guy Harvey T-shirts and jeans. Their brand name product to be proud of is their Rainbows. I walk around in a casual sundress and wedges and a Juicy Couture purse and I'm "dressed up". Its kinda awkward because nobody really understands why you only wear your T-shirts to bed and why, to you, hunting and fishing and mudbogging make you want to puke. I put 2 different colors of eyeshadow on and suddenly I'm the world's best makeup artist. Its kinda fun though cause everyone thinks your amazing and everyone comes to you for advice. I think it sort of fueled my obsession.

Oh, but, I don't want anyone to think I'm totally criticizing the South! I'm not saying anyone looks bad, people look gorgeous down here! Some amazing Southern Belles :) Like Elle and Blair Fowler, better known as Allthatglitters21 and Juicystar07, Youtube beauty gurus who started down here in the South! :D I just don't share the same fashion view as most I know, and I'm not saying this is how every Southerner dresses, but in my school, its how it goes. There are other fashion obsessed Southerners, just none that I know! Just wanted to make sure nobody thinks I'm bashing the South, girls below the Mason Dixon line are just as gorgeous as the ones above it. :)

 Anyway its like 1 in the morning and I'm tired and I am pretty sure that is a roach on the curtains so on that note...Goodnight :)

1 comment: