Thursday, July 7, 2011

Review of Tarte Glow Your Way to Gorgeous 8 Piece Maracuja & Clay Collection

Ok so for my first makeup related post <insert super excited face here> I am going to do a review of the Tarte Glow Your Way to Gorgeous 8 Piece Maracuja & Clay Collection. (I was going to just be like Tarte Collection, but for you lovely people who love to skip the title--me ;)--I wrote it all again...your welcome) haha :) So anyway this was the Today's Special Value on QVC and for the life of me I cannot remember the price! It was 2? easy payments of 20 something?...well anyway, the 2 brushes it comes with, the prices of those combined was more than the whole 8 piece set whose actual retail value was like $195, so YAY! good deal! (Does that sentence sound like its worded funny?) Anyway you get:
  • Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer (Worldwide Launch)
  • Tarte SmolderEYES waterproof eyeliner Fig (plum-y brown)
  • Tarte Lip Luster in Sweet (light, soft pink with gold shimmer)
  • Tarte Waterproof Cream Shadow Pot in Shimmering Taupe (basically a shimmering taupe)
  • Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara in Black
  • Tarte 12 Hour Wear Clay Blush in Peaceful (peachy rose)
  • Tarte Deluxe Mineral Powder Bronzer in Park Ave Princess
  • Tarte Pure Maracuja Oil Deluxe Sample
  • Tarte Shadow Brush
  • Tarte Blush Brush
  • Tarte Sharpener
  • Tarte Makeup Bag
I know your probably thinking, well this is 12 things, and technically, it is but I don't think its counting the 2 Brushes, the Sharpener, or the Tarte Makeup Bag it all comes in, as those aren't actually "products". But onto the review.


This is a retail picture of the whole set (because I forgot to take one)

Here is the mascara

 For some reason the swatch photo ended wayyy up here...failure...anyway these are (in order): The lipluster, Smoldereyes, Blush, Bronzer, and the Shadow
 LipLuster
 Blush
 Brushes
 Concealer
 Maracuja Oil
 SmolderEyes
 Shadow
 Sharpener
 Bronzer


<insert missing picture of bag here> :) failure!

Here is a look a made using almost nothing but these products. The only other product I used was my Laura Mercier Mineral Pressed Powder in Natural Beige. The only product I didn't use in the Tarte set was the Maracuja Oil.

Blush

 LipLuster
 Close ups of eyemakeup using the Shadow and the SmolderEyes, and Mascara


 The whole face

(Wow, I look really unfashionable here...failure. Oh well, I did this at like 10 PM, I was ready for bed :)

I give the whole set a thumbs up. I like every color a lot, and I found them all to work well. Every product works well together as a set and separately. I would highly reccommend any one of these products. The only product I haven't tried is the Maracuja Oil but my mom uses it and she told me to tell you guys she likes and would reccommend it! I really like Tarte's products because I find that they work well and they also don't have any bad products like parabens. (Even though I still use products with that stuff in it, it feels nice to put something on your face you know isn't going to hurt you :) Actually HUGE rave for this mascara, I've actually been using it since it first came out and it is my only mascara, I love it to pieces. Its AMAZING! I reccommend the mascara the most but the whole collection is awesome!

So, thus concludes my first Review. I'm not sure how I did, please comment and let me know! :) Also, is my lighting ok? I can't tell. And I was thinking of starting a Youtube channel so I can do tutorials for stuff like this! :) Let me know what you think! Thanks so much for looking!

Love,
Christina

2 comments:

  1. Thank you :)
    There's a followers gadget thingy at the right hand side right at the bottom... you might not be able to see it though as even I can't because Blogger tends to mess up quite a bit...

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome :)

    Yeah, I can't see mine sometimes either! I will keep trying though :D

    Live.Laugh.Shop

    ReplyDelete